Monday, 7 November 2011

Planning Assessment Examples - 7/11/11

In small groups within our  Media class today, we were given 4 examples of previous Media A Level coursework, exactly the same as what we're doing, and were asked to evaluate their blogs to prepare us for when we get asssessed on Wednesday. I was in a group with Jon Champion - http://jonasmediacoursework.blogspot.com/ - Iran and Adam Sarginson - http://jonasmediacoursework.blogspot.com/, and we had to fill out a form of the 5 different sections that our blogs are going to be marked on.
The 5 sections were:
  • Research/Target Audience - shown some background research into the genre, other films and completed target audience analysis (questionnaires, surveys)
  • Organisation - how they have organised they're actors, locations, costumes and props
  • The Practical - storyboards/shotlists/animatics/scripting
  • Presentation - shown some care in the layout of research and planning
  • Time Management - how many blogs per week, altogether, etc.

Here are some pictures of the sheets we worked on today:





There was a variety of different grades of each of the examples we looked at, but I think our group managed to analyse and award the grade's correctly to what each example deserved, which shows we do have a good undertstanding of what's expected of us. I have seen that some of the things the examples did well were their practical parts of it - storyboarding, scripts, actors, costumes - and some of the things they could have improved on were their audience research and time management. I have learnt from completing this task that I need to concentrate more on the audience as it's the most important aspect that is looked at, and I need to continue  keeping myself well organised and keep my time management to a high standard.

From what I have learnt, in this weeks action plan I have made sure I am going to create another questionnaire/survey for my target audience - but this time virtually through Facebook, which is a popular social networking site for the audience we have chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment