Monday, 21 November 2011

Animatic Part 2 - 21/11/11

As planned, today in my Media Studies double lesson, I worked on creating my animatic using the Final Cut programme on the computer. I did this by using the storyboard images that I cropped and editted at the weekend, and put them all in scene and shot order on Final Cut. When doing this, I kept referring back to my script and storyboard itself, to make sure they were in the correct order, lasting the right amount of seconds, had the right effect on them and looked correct. Once I had arranged them in the right order, I had to click on them and change the seconds that they lasted for. For example, some lasted as long as 11 seconds, whereas others lasted only 2, so I had to individually unpick each one and work on it seperately. After I had done this, I went onto using the video transitions tool on the effects part of the programme, where I was able to change the transitions that happen at the end. I chose 'cross dissolve' for most of the shots, apart from some which varied, as this is what we'll be using for our real project. After I had done this, I spent the rest of the lesson just playing around with some of the tools, including the audio settings, to see how they work and what I can do with them.

Here is a picture of what I got up to:

This shows the computer that I was working on today, with the Final Cut programme up, and me editting some of my storyboard images

I enjoyed putting my storyboard together in a small film like this, and in my next Media Studies lesson, I am planning to do the same thing but with the Preliminary Exercise that we created as groups at the beginning of the course.

WHY HAVE I DONE THIS?
I thought this would be a great opportunity to practice my skills using the Final Cut programme, seeing as this is what we're going to be using when we come to edit and put together our actual film opening. It gave me a chance to experience some of the settings and tools, so that I know most of what I am doing when it comes to the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment