I decided to create a 10 question survey to ask people aged 12 years+ about Horror and Thriller films, so that I can get a much better and clearer idea of what the audience thinks of the Genre of films we have chosen, and what they expect when watching one.
This is a copy of the pre-questionnaire before I asked anyone. It shows the 10 questions and the layout of the information.
This is a brief summary of the questions I planned to ask and the reasons for choosing these:
1. How old are you? - I only made this questionnaire for people aged 12+, and I decided to add this question because I wanted to make sure I got a range of different ages so I could prove that they weren't all from the same age group, as this way they would have different experiences and opinions.
2. Are you Male or Female? - I wanted to ask this question for the same reason as above, to make sure I got a fair amount of both male and female views, because I know they're answers would be different too.
3. How often do you watch Horror/Thriller films? - I asked this question because I thought knowing the popularity of how much people either buy/watch this type of genre would be important to get an idea of how popular this genre is to the market we would be selling to, and to see how much of an impact horror/thriller films have on people's lives.4. Do you prefer Horror or Thriller films? - I threw in this spin of a question and made them choose between both genre's, even though my film is going to be both, because I wanted to honestly see which one was more popular or whether people liked them both.
5 & 6. Name your favourite Horror Film & Name your favourite Thriller film - This was a good question to ask because this way I could see the best thriller and horror films out there, and then I could watch the openings of them and research more into them to find out what the audience likes so much about it and adapt the best things into my film opening.
7. Would you say Horror or Thriller films are in your Top 3 Film Genre's? - Again, I asked this question mainly for the popularity of the horror/thriller genre, but also to see how they compare against other big genre's like Action and Comedy.
8. What attracts you most to watching a Horror or Thriller film? - From this question I could use the answers that have been chosen as most popular to add into my film opening to make sure I am appealing to what the audience wants.
9. Have you ever heard of the production company 'Twisted Pictures'? - This was slightly less about the genre, and more to the point of finding out how well known 'Twisted Pictures' is, as we have selected this institution to involve in our film.
10. Rank the following answers 1-6 in what you think is the most important to appear in a Horror/Thriller film- I used this as my final question because it would give me a chance to find out what the audience wants to see when watching this type of genre and gives me a list of what to include in my own.WHY HAVE I DONE THIS?
I decided to create a questionnaire for the benefit of my own film opening, so I can get the audience's opinions and views on the genre, and films that are already out there on the market, so I can be inspired by their preferences and use their answers effectively in my own horror/thriller film opening.

Good work, we'll be talking about this more in lesson...
ReplyDelete